- Serving Size : 4 persons
Hainanese Chicken Rice is quick food and very popular dish. Slice the chicken, and then serve with cucumber and prepared sauce. It is also good for either home lunch or outside picnic.
- 300 grams of Vegetarian Roasted Chicken YOUTA
- 2 cups of Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cucumbers (for garnish)
- 2 cups of Jasmin Rice
- 1/3 cups of Shiitake Mushroom
- 3-4 Coriander Root
- 1/3 cup of Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mushroom Soup Powder – YOUTA (V-SOUP)
- 4 cups of Water
- 100 grams of Wax Gourd
- 1 tablespoon of Mushroom Soup Powder V-soup YOUTA
- 1 tablespoon of Dried Shiitake Mushroom
- 1 liter of Water
- 1 tablespoon of Coriander (Garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
For Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 6 tablespoons of Bean Paste
- 1 tablespoon of Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Fresh Ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Water
- In a wok or pot, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add ginger, coriander root, shitake mushrooms, salt and mushroom soup powder and stir-fry. Add it to the drained rice and stir to coat. Cook in the rice cooker. When cooked, use the rice spatula flip through the rice gently.
- In a deep-fryer, heat oil. Fry Veggie Chicken till each side turn golden brown and look crispy. Drain on paper towels. Slice the Veggie Chicken.
- Place water in over medium heat; add mushroom soup powder, salt, wax gourd and stripped shiitake mushroom. Serve with coriander and black pepper on top.
- Pulse chili-sauce ingredients, including bean paste, chili, ginger, coriander root, sugar, and vinegar, to a coarse paste in mini food processor. Garnish with chili and chopped ginger.
- After all are cooked, scoop the prepared rice and put the fried chicken on top. Decorated with coriander and cucumber. Serve with dipping sauce and soup.